Change video distribution
Choose whether to make your videos available on all platforms, or only monetised platforms, with the distribution setting. Users who are not monetising partners cannot change the distribution setting.
Set video distribution
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, select Videos then the video that you'd like to edit.
- Open the Advanced tab.
- In the Distribution box, choose between 'Everywhere' and 'Make this video available only on monetised platforms'.
- Select Save.
Creator Studio Classic instructions
- Open the Video Manager.
- Next to the video that needs new settings, click Edit.
- Beneath the video, select Advanced settings.
- Under 'Distribution', choose between 'Everywhere' and 'Monetised platforms'.
- Select Save changes.
Videos with claims
The distribution settings that apply to a video depend on whether the video contains claimed content.
- If a video is a claimed video, the distribution setting of the claimant, not the user, will apply.
- If a video is a video with a claim to the music contained within that video, the distribution setting of the claimant, not the creator, will apply to the video.
Difference between monetised platforms and all platforms
The following platforms are examples of platforms we consider monetised:
- YouTube app
- YouTube app on TVs including Xbox, Android TV, PlayStation and Chromecast
- m.youtube.com accessed from most smartphones
- YouTube app on Apple TV
In addition to the monetised platforms mentioned above, 'all platforms' includes but is not limited to the following:
- YouTube app pre-installed on iOS 5 and below
- YouTube legacy apps on feature phones and TVs
- m.youtube.com accessed from feature phones