Viewers are already coming to creators to shop for what they love, and find info about products they trust. With YouTube Shopping, eligible creators can easily promote and sell products from their own stores across YouTube. In doing so, they can enhance their fans’ shopping journey.
89% of viewers agree that YouTube creators give recommendations they can trust.1
How does Shopping work on YouTube? AMA with Robert Kyncl - The Creator Economy
Things to keep in mind
To promote and sell your own products (like merch) on YouTube, while earning money:
- Fit the eligibility criteria for YouTube Shopping features.
- Set up and connect your store or stores to YouTube. These include major shopping platforms such as Shopify, Spring, and selected retailers.
- Tag the items that you want to promote. You can then decide where and in what order you want them displayed to your viewers. You can select products from your store that you want to show on your channel, or let YouTube automatically select them for you.
Viewers can view tagged products directly from your channel’s store through the video, without having to leave YouTube.
No matter the format you choose, focus on providing an engaging, fun, and informative shopping experience for your viewers.
- Shop: Showcase and recommend unique products that are worthwhile for your audience to buy.
- Entertain: Build an engaging, entertaining, and informative environment for your viewers.
People Are Running To Walmart For This...
MrBeast promotes his own product, and has customers share reviews.
Next: check out tips to establish your fanbase
¹Source: Google/Talk Shoppe, U.S., Shopping at the Speed of Culture 2021 study, n=2,000 A18–64 gen. pop. video users, Aug. 2021.