Create in-the-moment experiences, build a community with your fans in real time, and find more ways to connect to the world with Live streaming on YouTube. Whether teaching a class, hosting a workshop, or showing off your gaming skills, share your passion by bringing your viewers along for the ride.
Things to keep in mind
Why audiences love Live
- Having a shared experience, like watching a live stream, helps build a deeper sense of community between creator and viewer.
- Live chat helps amplify that sense of community for viewers. They get to interact more, and have real time conversations with each other and their favorite creators.
- Live stream presence provides an authentic and immersive viewing experience.
Why creators love Live
- Live streaming on YouTube lets creators go live anytime, anywhere, even on mobile. You can instantly offer your audience a fresh, unedited perspective. Tools like live chat help fans feel like they are having a conversation with you, creating a more fulfilling experience for everyone.
- With Live you can earn in two ways:
- Live streams might save your time spent in post-production while sharing unique and, sometimes unexpected, moments.
- Some live streaming formats for you to get started:
- Stream yourself playing your favorite game.
- Stream while traveling.
- Answer live questions from your viewers.
- Give house tours.
- Give food reviews.
- Stream yourself crafting.
- And anything else you can think of!
- Look up other formats like Video and Shorts to see if these match your interests.
Learn more about why creators chose Live:
"In order to grow my channel, I used YouTube’s tools and brought in help so that I could focus more on being creative." - Chris Bossio
"Don't force perfection. You'll be happier with the video-creating process when you give yourself a chance to make mistakes and learn from them." - Agent00 Exclusive
Next: check out tips for live streaming