Super Thanks (formerly known as Viewer applause) lets creators earn revenue from viewers who want to show extra gratitude for their Shorts and long-form videos.
Viewers can buy a fun animation called Super Thanks on a long-form video or Short. The one-time animation is only shown to the buyer over the top of the long-form video or Short. As an added bonus, buyers also get to post a distinct, colorful, and customizable comment in the comments section. Super Thanks is available at a few different price points for viewers to choose from.
Eligibility for channels
Your channel must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Super Thanks:
- Your channel is monetized
- You’re in one of the available locations
- You’re not a music channel under SRAV
If your channel is eligible you can turn on Super Thanks.
Eligibility for individual long-form videos and Shorts
Super Thanks is not available for the following types of long-form videos and Shorts:
Locations where Super Thanks is available
Super Thanks is available to eligible creators in the following locations:
Super Thanks policies
Participating creators (and MCNs) must accept and comply with:
- YouTube Terms of Service
- YouTube Community Guidelines
- YouTube channel monetization policies
- Commerce Product Addendum
- Participating creators can accept the Commerce Product Addendum under 'Agreements' in Settings in YouTube Studio.
- All applicable laws as required by YouTube’s Terms of Service. Money you get from Super Thanks may be treated differently based on laws that apply to you and your activities.
Super Thanks isn’t a crowdfunding or donation tool. Options to fundraise on YouTube can be found here. You‘re responsible for understanding and fully complying with all applicable laws. This includes whether you can turn on, offer, send, and get money from Super Thanks.
You should be aware of our Community Guidelines strike system and aware of potential loss of privileges for actions that cause harm to the YouTube community. We continually use signals to identify potentially abusive or fraudulent behavior. If we detect any of those signals, we’ll terminate access to Super Thanks. We reserve the right to terminate access to Super Thanks on any channel.