Super Thanks is currently in beta and available to a group of monetizing creators. We’re working on expanding it to more creators by the end of the year.
Eligibility for channels
Super Thanks is in beta and available to a group of monetizing creators in the YouTube Partner Program. We look forward to expanding to more creators later this year.
To check if you have access to Super Thanks:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- In the left menu, click Monetization.
- Select the Supers tab. If it’s your first time in the Supers section, follow the on-screen instructions to get started.
- You must be monetizing and in an eligible location to have access to Supers.
- If you don’t see the Supers section, you don’t have access yet.
- Once you’ve completed all the instructions, if you see “Super Thanks” with an on/off button next to it, you have access. If you don’t see “Super Thanks,” you don’t currently have access.
We aren’t currently taking access requests. Stay tuned as we roll this out more broadly at the end of this year.
Eligibility for individual videos
Super Thanks is not available for the following types of videos:
Super Thanks is available to eligible creators in the following locations:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay.
Super Thanks policies
Participating creators (and MCNs) must accept and comply with:
- YouTube Terms of Service
- YouTube Community Guidelines
- YouTube monetization policies
- Commerce Product Addendum
- Participating creators can accept the Commerce Product Addendum under 'Agreements' in Settings in YouTube Studio.
- All applicable laws as required by YouTube’s Terms of Service. Money you get from Super Thanks may be treated differently based on laws that apply to you and your activities.
Super Thanks isn’t a crowdfunding or donation tool. Options to fundraise on YouTube can be found here. You‘re responsible for understanding and fully complying with all applicable laws. This includes whether you can enable, offer, send, and receive money from Super Thanks.
We continually use signals to identify potentially abusive or fraudulent behavior. If we detect any of those signals, we’ll terminate access to Super Thanks. We reserve the right to terminate access to Super Thanks on any channel.
You should be aware of our Community Guidelines strike system and aware of potential loss of privileges for actions that cause harm to the YouTube community.