There are two types of policies:
- Upload policies are applied to videos that you upload. You apply upload policies to your videos in Studio Content Manager beta.
- Match policies are applied to videos that other people upload to their channels. This happens when Content ID finds your content in their video.
Upload policies and match policies work the same way. They both consist of rules about whether to monetize, track, or block the claimed video. They only differ in how they’re applied to a video — by you or by Content ID.
You can set one policy that applies to both your videos and user-uploaded videos that contain your content. However, if your policy contains custom Content ID claiming criteria, it can’t be used as an upload policy. Learn more below.
Add custom Content ID claiming criteria to match policies
In addition to indicating whether to monetize, track, or block claimed videos, match policies can also include instructions on when Content ID should claim a video. You can tell Content ID to automatically claim videos based on:
- The type of content that matches your reference file: audio only, video only, or both
- The length or percent of the uploaded video that matches your reference file
- The length or percent of your reference file that matches the uploaded video
You can also use your match policy to hold claimed videos for manual review.