YouTube Premium amplifies your video and music experience with exclusive features, behind-the-scenes experiences, and more. If you’re new to YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium, you may be eligible to sign up for a trial membership. Learn more below.
How trials work
- When you sign up for a trial, you'll enjoy the same membership benefits as a YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium member.
- During signup, you are asked for a payment method to keep on file. You may see an authorization charge appears on your account, which allows us to confirm that your payment method is valid. This charge won’t be processed, and will disappear within 1-14 days.
- When your trial ends, your membership will automatically renew using the payment method on file. You’ll be charged the current membership price on a recurring monthly basis unless you cancel before the end of the trial.
- If you cancel your membership during a trial, you’ll lose access to your Premium benefits at the end of your trial period.
Trial eligibility details
Note: You can only sign up for one trial per payment method for 1-month trials or extended trials.
For users with Workspace accounts:
- You can’t sign up for a YouTube Premium individual or family membership using a Workspace account, unless it’s a Workspace individual edition account.
- You can sign up for a YouTube Premium student membership with any Workspace account.
- If you think you’re eligible for a trial but don’t see a trial option, switch to your personal account and sign up at youtube.com/premium.
YouTube Premium & Music Premium 1-month trials:
- 1-month trials are available to:
- first-time members
- users who canceled a YouTube Premium, Music Premium, or Google Play membership at least 6 months ago
- Only 1 trial is allowed per 12-month period
YouTube Premium & Music Premium extended trials: Sometimes, we offer an extended trial that lasts more than 1 month.
- Extended trials are available to first-time members OR 3 years after canceling your previous membership.
- Only 1 extended trial is allowed per 3 year period.
Check your trial eligibility
To view your eligibility for a trial from a computer:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Go to youtube.com/paid_memberships.
- Under Offers from YouTube, we’ll list eligible trials.
- Select one of the offers and follow the steps to redeem.