Which apps see repeat usage?
View the percentage of 30-day active users who use G Suite apps at least once every 7 days.
View the data
- From the Work Insights dashboard, on the left, click the Adoption.
- Find the chart titled “Which apps see repeat usage?”
- In team filter at the upper-right corner of the page, select a team. For details, see Filter Work Insights data by team.
- (Optional) In the time filter at upper-right corner of the page, select a different time range.
- (Optional) To pinpoint the repeat usage of a particular G Suite app, move your pointer over the chart.
Tip: For more information on navigating charts, see Navigate Work Insights.
What the chart means
This chart helps you understand how many monthly active users visit the app week to week. By understanding the repeat usage of G Suite apps in your organization, you can help expose reasons for low or high adoption. For example, if you belong to a change management team in your organization, you might need to know whether G Suite adoption has been increased as expected, or if you need to intervene to increase adoption.
“Active” users have directly engaged with an app at least once every 7 days, such as opening a Gmail message. An app might have a low number of active users but still have a high usage rate, if those active users have frequently revisited the app.
How the data is calculated
The number of users who were active in a G Suite app at least once in the last 7 days is divided by the number of users who were active in the app at least once in the past 30 days.
To compare data across different teams and to establish a benchmark with organization-wide data, click View Details.
Repeat usage tab
This chart shows a breakdown of the percentage of repeat users per app for the team selected in the team filter. To view the percentages for all G Suite apps, select Show data labels.
Other chart tabs
- For details on the Active users tab, see How many users are active in G Suite?
- For details on the Non-G Suite app usage tab, see What percent of users work with non-G Suite apps?
- For details on the Productivity app usage tab, see Which productivity apps are users leveraging?
Use the data
|Determine if individual apps are being used as expected, according to user roles.||
If repeat usage is less than once a week, consider sending a user survey to understand the reasons why.
|Confirm the frequency of app usage.||For usage labeled Rarely, consider sending a survey to users to help you understand whether they're using other apps or tools in their daily tasks. See How often do users engage with G Suite?|
|Confirm whether a low percentage of repeat usage is reflected in the entire organization, or if it's unique only to specific teams.||
Determine if additional training is needed. You can also promote the reasons why you’ve transitioned to G Suite from on-premise or legacy apps.
|Understand the percentage of users working with legacy apps.||See What percent of users work with non-G Suite apps? and Which productivity apps are users leveraging?|
|Determine if users are continuing to use legacy apps with external customers or clients because they’re accustomed to communicating with those apps or are required to use those apps.||Consider sending a survey to users to clarify if this is the reason why certain apps might continually have a low percentage of repeat usage.|