Test your entire network
- internet speeds (download and upload)
- mesh connection (if you have more than one Wifi point)
- Wi-Fi speed to wireless devices connected to your network
- Open the Google Wifi app.
- Tap the tab, then Network check.
- Tap Start All Tests.
- The app will test your internet speeds. It should take about 30 seconds.
- You’ll see your internet download and upload speed results. There will also be a brief description of what you can do with this kind of speed. What the results mean.
- Tap Test Mesh to test your mesh connection.
Note: This only applies if you have multiple Wifi points.
- The results will show the connections of all your Wifi points. Results will either be: “Weak,” “OK,” or “Great.” If one or more has a weak connection, the app will tell you. To see detailed results, tap the three dots in the top right corner and select Details.
How to improve a weak mesh connection.
- Tap Test Wi-Fi to check your Wi-Fi connection to wireless devices on your network. The test should also take about 3 seconds per connected device.
Note: Devices must be connected to your Google Wifi's network to test their Wi-Fi connection.
- Results will either be: “Weak,” “OK,” or “Great.” To see detailed results, tap the three dots in the top-right corner and select Details. How to improve Wi-Fi speed.
- Tap Redo to test your Wi-Fi again. If you’re finished, tap Done.
Overall performance also depends on Internet speed
You can have the best router in the world, but if the internet connection provided by your ISP is slow, you’ll still have slow performance.
General rule: If you have a good Wi-Fi speed and you're happy with your download speed, you're fine.