Change Wi-Fi password
Network passwords are alphanumeric. This means that they’re a combination of letters and numbers. But there are some restrictions.
- Passwords must be between 8 and 63 characters
- No spaces. Make sure that there isn’t an accidental space at the beginning or end of your network name or password.
- No special characters
Here’s how to change your Wi-Fi password:
- Open the Google Wifi app.
- Tap the settings tab, then Network & general.
- Under the ‘Network’ section, tap your network name.
- To edit, tap your password or the pencil icon in the upper-right corner.
- Enter a new network password. Check the “Show password” box to see it written out.
- When you’ve finished, tap Save.
Re-using an older network name and password
If you re-use a network name and password from an old router, you won’t have to reconnect devices that were previously on the network.