Web Stories are a fast-loading, full-screen, visual experience optimized for your mobile device. When Web Stories open from a Google property, they load from the Google cache in a player to optimize performance.
When you’re on a Web Story, you can switch between pages, pause the story, or swipe to a new story.
- Switch between pages:
- To go forward: Tap the right side of the screen.
- To go back: Tap the left side of the screen.
- Pause a story: Press and hold anywhere on the screen.
- Switch between stories: Swipe left or right.
How Web Stories work on Google
To make Web Stories pages open faster, Google saves them in the Google cache. When you open a Web Stories page from a Google property, Google sends the cached page to you.
When you use the Google Web Stories Player:
- Data is sometimes collected about you by Google and the publishers who create Web Stories pages.
- Data that publishers collect when you visit their Web Stories page is the same data collected on their original website.