To search the web without saving your searches to your phone:
- Open the Google Go app .
- From the search bar, tap .
- Tip: To check that you’re browsing without saving your searches, above the search bar, you’ll see Searches won't be saved on this phone.
To go back to saving your searches, tap while you're searching or on the Google Go home screen.
If your screen is off for more than 30 minutes while your searches aren’t being saved, Google Go will close automatically. When the app closes, your current search won't have been saved, and any sites you visited won't be saved to your phone.
What happens when you stop saving searches
When you search without it being saved it usually means:
- The searches you do or sites you visit won’t be saved to your phone or browsing history.
- Files you download might be kept on your phone.
- You might see search results and suggestions based on your location or other searches you’ve done during your current browsing session.
- Some features might not be available, like bookmarks.
- Your activity isn’t hidden from websites you visit, your employer or school, or your internet service provider.