Send a place from Google search results to your phone
When you search for a place on Google, you can send it to your phone or tablet to use on the go.
- Make sure you're signed in to the same Google Account on your computer and mobile device.
- On your computer, search for a place on Google.
- In the information panel that appears, you'll see a "Send to your phone" option. Select Send, then choose where to send the information.
- You'll get a notification on your mobile device. Touch the notification to open the place in the Google Maps app.
Note: You can also use Google Maps to send a place to your phone.
If your phone or tablet doesn't show up when you select "Send," you might need to connect your device to your Google Account.
- Make sure you're using the latest Google Maps app version.
- Sign in to the same Google Account on your computer and mobile device.
- Sign in on your computer: Go to Google. On the top right, select Sign in or your account profile.
- Sign in on your phone or tablet: Open the Google Maps app . On the top left, select Menu . Sign in to your account.
- Follow the steps to turn on notifications for your device.
- Wait a few minutes and try your search again on your computer.
If you aren't getting notifications, your phone or tablet might not be connected to the network. Make sure that your data or Wi-Fi is turned on and that you've turned on notifications.
To turn on notifications on your Android phone or tablet:
- Make sure you're using the latest Google app version.
- Open the Google app .
- On the bottom right, tap Menu Settings Discover.
- Turn on Discover and Notifications.
iPhone & iPad
To turn on notifications on your iPhone or iPad:
Turn on notifications from the Settings app
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll down and tap Google Maps.
- Turn on Allow Notifications.
Turn on notifications from Google Maps
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Tap Menu Settings Notifications.
- Turn on Sent from desktop maps.