See and control your search activity
If Web & App Activity is turned on, your searches and activity from other Google services are saved to your Google Account, so you may get better search results and suggestions.
You control what’s saved, and you can delete your past searches and activity or turn off Web & App Activity at any time.
Note: If you got your Google Account through work or school, you may need to contact your administrator to turn on Web & App Activity.
Turn Web & App Activity on or off
- Visit the Activity controls page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account.
- Turn the switch on or off.
- If you turn the switch on, you can check the box next to "Include Chrome browsing history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services."
Note: Some browsers and devices may have more settings that affect how this activity is saved.
See or delete your search activity
What’s saved as Web & App Activity
When Web & App Activity is on, Google saves information like:
- Searches and other things you do on Google products and services, like Maps
- Your location, language, IP address, and whether you use a browser or an app
- Ads you click, or things you buy on an advertiser’s site
- Information on your device like recent apps or contact names you searched for
Note: Activity may be saved even when you’re offline.
Google can save information like:
- Websites and apps you use
- Your activity on websites and in apps that use Google services
- Your Chrome browsing history
To let Google save this information, Web & App Activity must be on, and the box next "Include Chrome browsing history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services" must be checked.
Note: Your Chrome history is only saved if you’re signed in to your Google Account and have Chrome Sync turned on.
How your saved activity is used
Learn more about how Google uses your saved activity and helps keep it private.
How Web & App Activity works when you’re signed out
Your search and ad results may be customized using search-related activity even if you're signed out. To turn off this kind of search customization, you can search and browse privately.
In the Activity controls page, you can also check the box to "Include Chrome browsing history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services." When this box is checked, you can control whether activity from your device is saved.
Katie is a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.