If you want to remove an image from Google search results, you need to contact the owner of the site that contains the image.
Important: Most images that show up in Google search results are from websites that aren’t owned by Google, so we are unable to remove these images from the web.
How to remove an image from Google search results
Contact the site owner to take down the image
Here are a few ways you can contact the owner of a site:
- Contact us link: Find a “Contact us” link or an email address for the site owner. This information is often on the site's homepage.
- Find contact information with Whois: On Google you can search for the site owner on Whois. The site owner’s email address is often listed under "Registrant Email" or "Administrative Contact."
- Contact the site's host company: If you are unable to reach the site owner, try to contact the site’s host company via Whois search results.
Tip: To learn about the kinds of images Google may remove from results, read more about our policies.
Tips to remove an image from a site
To remove an image from Google search results that was uploaded to a social media platform like Facebook and Twitter, you must first remove the image from the platform.
- If you have access to the account that uploaded the image, remove the image from the platform.
- If you don’t have access to that account, please contact the social media company for help with removing the image.
Check the social media platform’s help center
Most social media platforms have help resources on their image removal policies and processes.
- Check the social media platform’s help center. Here are some help centers of popular platforms:
- Search for keywords based on your situation. For example:
- “Remove a photo”
- “Report a photo” or “take down photo”
- “Impersonation” or “Fake accounts”
- “Image removal policies”
If the image is on your site, learn how to block content from your site from Google Search results.
You can remove a photo that you uploaded to a Google product from your Album Archive or Google Photos. When you delete a photo from your Album Archive, the photo is removed from all Google products that it appears in, like Blogger, Hangouts, and Google Photos.
- Go to your Album Archive.
- Open the photo you want to delete.
- At the top right, select More Delete photo .
- If you don't find "Delete photo," select Manage in Google Photos to delete the photo.
Once the site owner removes or updates the image from their site, the image is eventually refreshed in Google Search as part of our regular update process. You can also request to refresh the image from Google Search using these resources:
Other reasons Google may remove images
In limited cases, Google may remove images or other personal information found through Google Search. You can: