Google search results page
Use this page to learn about the different parts of a Google Search results page, including what the icons and buttons mean. Click on one of the links below to learn about that part of the results page.
Parts of the search results page
 Top of the pageMicrophone icon
Touch the microphone icon to search by speaking instead of typing.
Learn more about "Ok Google" voice search & actions.
Click your name to go to your Google+ page.
Click Apps to quickly get to other Google products like Gmail, YouTube, and Google Calendar.
Click on your picture to sign out or add a new Google Account.
 Search filters & settingsFilters & Search tools
- Filters: Choose the type of results you want to see by clicking any of the links below the search box. For example, if you only want to see pictures, click Images.
- Search tools: Click Search Tools to see more advanced ways to filter your results, like by color, time, or location.
Learn more about filtering your search results
- Click to see public results.
- Click to see private results, like information from your Gmail or Google Calendar, on the results page.
Learn more about search results from your Google products.
Click Options to change any of your settings, like the language of your search results, the number of results per page, SafeSearch, and whether your past searches are saved to your Google Account.
 Search results & adsSearch results
Every search result has three parts:
- Title: The first blue line of any search result is the title of the webpage. Click the title to go to the site.
- URL: In green, you'll see the web address of the web page.
- Snippet: Below the URL is text that helps show how the page relates to your query. The words you search for will show in bold to make it easier for you to decide if the page has what you're looking for.
If we think an ad will help you find what you’re looking for, we might show ads on the top of the results page or on the right side. You’ll know it’s an ad and not a search result because of the yellow Ad or Ads icon next to the URL.
 Bottom of the pageLocation
You'll see the current location that Google has for you, along with the option to update your location or use your precise location. Learn more about changing your location on Google.
If there's a mistake on the results page, or you want to suggest ways the page could be improved, click Send feedback.
Tip: If your search results page looks too small, you can make the text and the page look bigger by increasing the page size.
- On a Mac, hold down Command then + at the same time.
- On a PC, hold down Ctrl then + at the same time.
Learn more about Google Search
Katie a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.