About commute sharing
Turn on commute sharing in Google Now to let your friends and family know when you’re heading home from work. You can share your commute updates with friends and circles you choose in Google+, and you can turn it off at any time.
Turn on commute sharing
- From the main Google Now screen, scroll down to the bottom and go to Menu > Settings > Accounts & privacy > Commute sharing.
- Find Let them see your commute updates and turn the switch ON.
- Ensure that Location Sharing in Google+ is turned on. Touch Choose who can see your location using Google+, then turn the switch ON for Location Sharing.
- Find Pinpoint Location, then touch Edit. Note that City Location isn’t used to share commute updates.
- Choose which circles or people you want to see your pinpoint (precise) location, then touch OK.
The people or circles you share your commute with are notified if you're still at work, when you leave work, and when you arrive home.
Commute sharing updates from others
If your connections in Google+ share their commute updates with you, you can choose to continue receiving updates or prevent them from showing up in Google Now.
The first time a commute sharing card appears for a Google+ connection in Google Now, touch Yes to continue receiving updates, or touch No to prevent future updates.
If you want to stop receiving commute updates for a Google+ connection, touch the Menu icon and edit the card's settings.
Turn off or change who receives commute sharing updates
To turn commute sharing off at any time, follow these steps:
- From the main Google Now screen, scroll down to the bottom and touch Menu > Settings > Accounts & privacy > Commute sharing.
- Turn the switch OFF for Let them see your commute updates.
If you want to change the connections in Google+ who receive your commute updates, follow these steps:
- Touch Choose who can see your location using Google+.
- Find Pinpoint Location, then touch Edit.
- Add people or circles, or remove the ones you previously selected.
- Touch OK.