Update your location on Google
When you search on Google, we use your location to help show the most relevant search results. For example, if you’re in Seattle, when you search for
coffee shops, you'll see ones that are nearby.
Check and update your location
If you’re using a browser, like Chrome or Safari, you can see your location and update it directly from a search results page.
- On your computer, do a search on Google.
- Scroll to the bottom of the search results page. You’ll see your location.
- To update your location, click Use precise location or Update location.
- If you’re asked to share your device's location with Google, click Allow.
Troubleshoot location problems
If your location is unavailable, incorrect, or you see an error:
- Make sure you have a strong Internet connection.
- If you’re using a browser, like Safari or Chrome, refresh the browser.
Aaron is a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.