When you search for books, Google can make suggestions to help you find what to read.
Important: This feature is only available on mobile devices in English in the United States.
Browse, save & read books
- Go to google.com or open the Google app .
- Search for a genre, author, or other book theme like
books about gardening.
- To narrow your search, at the top of search results, tap different options.
- Choose a book, then tap Reading list or Already read .
- To find how to read a book, choose an option or tap All read options.
Find & edit your reading lists
- On Google, search
what to read.
- To find and edit your lists, sign in to your Google Account.
- At the top right, tap Settings Your books .
- To edit your list:
- To update a book on your list: Tap Already read .
- To remove a book from your list: Tap Reading list .
How recommendations work
Book recommendations are based on what's popular or trending in Google products, what’s mentioned across the web, and what’s new.
If you’re signed in to your Google Account and have personal results turned on, Google’s recommendations are also based on your activity like:
- Past searches and browsing history.
- Books you’ve saved and marked as read.
- Book preferences you set, like Upvotes and Downvotes.
Turn off personalized recommendations
If you don't want personalized recommendations, you can turn off personal results.