Remove the cached version of a page
When you update a page on your site, Google will update our index (including our cached version) when we next crawl it. Until then, our cache may still contain the original content, and that content may appear in search results. You can request removal of the cached version (this will also remove the page snippet). For example, say you have a page that lists your office address. When you move, you’ll want to make sure that the out-of-date cached version listing your old address is no longer visible in Google.
To request removal of the cached version of a page:
- On the Webmaster Tools home page, click the site you want.
- On the left-hand menu, click Google Index and then click Remove URLs.
- Click New removal request.
- Type the URL of the page you want removed, and then click Continue. The URL is case-sensitive—use exactly the same characters and capitalization that the site uses. How to find the right URL.
- Select Remove cached version of this page.