Cut, copy, and paste elements
All Google Web Designer elements, including complex elements like groups and components, can be cut or copied and pasted between documents or pages. Animation keyframes for the elements also get pasted by default.
Select the element or elements
- Click the Selection tool in the toolbar on the left, or press V.
- Select the element or elements to cut or copy. You can select multiple elements.
You can then cut or copy the selection.
Cut the selection
If you want to delete the selection from its current location, use one of these methods:
- Use the Edit > Cut menu command.
- Right-click the selection and select Cut from the pop-up menu.
- Press Ctrl+X (Windows) or ⌘+X (Mac).
You can then paste the selection that you cut.
Copy the selection to the clipboard
If you want to make a new copy of the selection, use one of these methods:
- Use the Edit > Copy menu command.
- Right-click the selection and select Copy from the pop-up menu.
- Press Ctrl+C (Windows) or ⌘+C (Mac).
You can then paste the selection that you copied.
Paste the cut or copied selection
- Go to the destination document or page.
- Use one of the following methods to paste the selection that you cut or copied:
- Use the Edit > Paste menu command.
- Right-click the stage and select Paste from the pop-up menu.
- Press Ctrl+V (Windows) or ⌘+V (Mac).
- If you want to paste the elements only, without any of the original animations, use the Edit > Paste without animations menu command.