When you create a new expandable ad, Google Web Designer creates both a banner page and an expanded page. In addition, a Tap Area component called "expand-button" has been automatically placed on the primary page, set to go to the secondary page when touched or clicked. A Tap Area component called "close-button" has also been placed on the expanded page.
To set up your primary banner page:
- Use the selection tool to move the Tap Area component into the work area outside the main banner area.
- Add images, video and other assets by dragging them into the work area, or by using image tags.
- Arrange your images and any other elements you want to use on the stage.
- Optionally create animations or bring components onto the page.
- If you're creating a Responsive ad, add breakpoints, then restyle each new size range.
- When your banner is complete, select the Tap Area component and click the "Bring to top" button.
- Position the Tap Area component over the banner, resizing if necessary.