/wearos/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
-
10/5/18
Google Assistant feed shows the wrong location on watch. 0 Recommended Answers 50 Replies 144 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
Last edited 1/15/19
Swipe right to see Google Assistant feed, and it always shows the wrong location.  But when I tap on weather, navigation or "coffee nearby", the subsequent apps do show the correct location.  It's only the feed that is incorrect.  I have tried resetting the watch, clearing cache for the Google app, switching account.  Nothing worked.  Any idea why this is happening?  Thanks!
All Replies (50)
10/6/18
Hi Eli,

I saw another post on this subject so this may be an emerging issue. Before we go any further, can you verify that your work and home addresses are set correctly in the Google app on your phone at Menu > Settings > Settings > Personal info > Home & work locations?

And when the feed shows the wrong location, is it wrong like the other side of town or a different city altogether?

Thanks!
John

marked this as an answer
Helpful?
-
10/6/18
Thanks for the reply!  Yep I do have the correct home and work addresses.  Upon further investigation, I suspect this could be a problem with Google Assistant itself.  On my Pixel phone, I open up Google Assistant and go to the feed, it also shows a wrong location, although not as far off as what's on the watch.  First I thought my phone's location service is off. But then like I said, when I open any other apps that uses location, they're all good.  The only app that has the issue is Google Assistant.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
10/6/18
Eli,

Interesting finding. Are the locations shown in Assistant (on the phone and the watch) perhaps locations you've visited earlier in the day? I'm wondering if the location is way off or if it might not be updating in a timely manner.

Since it seems to be Assistant-specific, you might also want to check in at the new Google Assistant community to see if they have any other ideas.

Cheers,
John
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
-
10/8/18
Nope, the wrong location isn't a place I've ever visited, as the Google Assistant feed shows I'm literally in the middle of a river.  LOL.  I'm really curious where it's getting that location from!!!  I've flagged this to Google.  I might try re-pairing the watch with a different phone when I get a chance.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
10/18/18
For me the same issue. And if i want to navigate to this direction, Assistant sends the wrong GPS format to Google Maps. Like xx,00000,xx,00000 inst. of xx.00000, xx.00000. So Maps show me an error b. not found the direction
Last edited 10/18/18
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/8/18
idem for me, the feed of assistant give wrong address of HOME and Work.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/15/18
Exactly the same here (Switzerland)... every morning the Watch (Tag Heuer Connected Modular 41, last Wear OS and G app update) is warning me that it's going to take 7 hours to go to work... and as for other User "if i want to navigate to this direction, Assistant sends the wrong GPS format to Google Maps. Like xx,00000,xx,00000 inst. of xx.00000, xx.00000."
Everything is fine with my home and work locations in Maps, in Assistant feed on the phone, and everywhere but the Assistant feed on the watch...
Last edited 11/15/18
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/16/18
Get the same thing, the current location GPS seems to be off for the timeline view.  I live in BC, Canada and when I'm in Burnaby, the timeline says North Vancouver.  Tapping on the tile for weather when brings up the full weather with the proper location.  Same thing when I'm at home, it shows the location as another city.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/23/18
My Moto 360 2nd connected to a Oneplus 3t has exactly the same issue. Tried changing home location and turning off 'use phone location' to no avail....
Last edited 11/24/18
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
6/27/19
Same issue here. Shows St Lucia, Brisbane instead of The Gap, Brisbane. St Lucia is about 5 km away from me.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
Questions about a different Google product are no longer considered off-topic and should be moved to the relevant community.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/wearos/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic