Track your fitness with your watch
Your Wear OS by Google watch can help you track fitness info, like steps taken, calories burned, heart rate, and workouts. You can find this info in the Google Fit app on your watch.
- You can usually find Google Fit on your Wear OS watch already. If it’s not there, you can download it from the Play Store on your watch.
- You can also download Google Fit on the phone that’s paired with your watch. Learn how to set up the Google Fit app.
Track your activities with Google Fit
Google Fit works best if you use the app on both your watch and your phone. Then you can get more info and sync your data between your phone, watch, and other apps.
You’ll find your Google Fit data on both your phone and watch when both devices are turned on. If the 2 devices are far apart from each other, they’ll sync their data when they're close together again.
If you use Google Fit only on your watch, you can:
- Find how many steps you've taken in the past 7 days.
- Find your past 10 heart rate measurements.
If you also install the app on a connected phone, you can also:
- Count reps of squats, push-ups, and sit-ups.
- See distance and calories burned.
- Connect to other apps and services like MyFitnessPal, Runkeeper, and Strava.
Set up Google Fit on your watch & phone
- Connect your watch with your phone. Learn how to set up your watch.
- Sign in to the same Google Account on your watch and phone.
- On your phone, download the Google Fit app from the Play Store .
- On your watch, download the Google Fit app from the Play Store .
See your fitness info on your watch
- If your screen is dim, tap it to wake up the watch.
- To see a list of your apps, press the Power button.
- Open the Google Fit app .
- If you haven’t set up Fit already, follow the on-screen instructions.
- You’ll find your Move Minutes and Heart Points on the screen.
- Scroll to see your steps and overall walking distance.
- Tap an option to get more details.
Speak to your watch for fitness info
- If your watch screen is dim, tap it to wake up the watch.
- Swipe right until you see the Assistant screen.
- Tap Microphone .
- If your watch doesn’t show this option, press and hold the Power button.
- Say what you want to view, like, "Show me my steps,” or “What’s my heart rate?”