Read and reply to messages & texts
If your watch is paired with your phone, you can use your favorite messaging apps.
To see if the messaging app you want to use is on your watch, check your apps menu. If it's not, download the app you want.
Language availability for voice actions
Most of the voice actions below work if your phone’s language is set to English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, or Brazilian Portuguese. Some voice actions aren’t available in all languages and countries.
Use messaging apps on your watch
Read & reply to a message
If you get message notifications on your phone, you’ll also see them on your watch.
- To read the full message, tap the notification on your watch.
- To reply, swipe up from the bottom of the message.
- If this doesn't open the message, swipe left.
- Tap Reply .
- Speak your message or select a pre-written message. On some watches, you can type a message.
You’ll see a check mark when your message was sent.
Note: If you don’t want to get message notifications, learn how to stop notifications from specific apps.
Send a message with your voice
- If you can't see your screen, wake up the watch.
- On your watch, swipe left until you see the Assistant screen.
- If you don’t see this option: Press and hold down the Power button until you see the Assistant screen.
- Tap Microphone .
- Say the name of the person you want to message and the app you want to use. For example, you can say something like:
- "Send Kirsten a WhatsApp message saying, 'I'm running 5 minutes late.'"
- "Tell Kirsten I'm on my way using WhatsApp."
Note: If you don't mention the name of a specific app, your message will be sent as a text (SMS) message.
Send a message to one of your contacts
- If you can’t see your screen, wake up the watch.
- From your app menu, tap Contacts .
- Tap the contact’s name.
- Tap the messaging app you want to use.
- Speak your message.
You’ll see a check mark when your message is sent.
You can draw emoji when you respond to messages or whenever you see Emoji . After you draw one emoji, you can either send your message or draw another emoji, which gets added to your message.
- When you get a message, tap Reply .
- Choose Draw emoji.
- On the screen, draw any emoji you want, like a smiley face or a thumbs-up sign.
- Note: Your watch will find an emoji that best matches your drawing. If nothing matches, it will show you emoji to choose from.
- Choose an option:
- See more emoji suggestions: Swipe left or right on the screen.
- Delete an emoji in your draft: At the top of the screen, tap Delete.
- To send your message, tap Done .
Tip: To see all available emoji, tap Emoji .