Updated as part of Schedule a ride deprecation
If you are a Carpool driver, take note:
Deleting any of the following will erase your current Carpool balance:
- Your Waze Carpool account
- Your Google Pay account
- Your Waze Carpool data
To delete any of the above without losing your balance, make sure to wait until it transfers from the app to your bank account:
Step 1: Make sure you've verified your bank account
Step 2: Wait until the end of the month, when your Carpool balance transfers to your bank account (this can take up to 15 days). Learn more about the monthly payment cycle.
Once your balance transfers to your bank account successfully, you can safely delete your account.
Are you sure?
Deleting your account is permanent. It is not possible to reinstate anything connected to your current account, so you should only delete your account if you’re certain about it.
- Deleting your Waze Carpool account also deletes your entire Waze account, including your entire Waze history.
- If you don’t want to carpool, but still want to use Waze for navigation, you can just turn off ride invites, and when you’re ready to carpool again, turn it back on.
To delete your account:
- Open Waze Carpool
- Tap Delete account
- Tap Delete and then tap I am sure I want to proceed
- Follow the on-screen instructions