Navigate, report, control settings and more using your voice.
Note: Your language in Waze must be set to English to use the Google Assistant. You can ask it questions in English only.
- Android Version 4.54 and up
- iOS Version 4.62 and up to some users in Canada, Malaysia, Philippines, UK and US
If the Google Assistant is not available on your device, you can search for addresses with your voice by tapping the microphone in the search bar.
Turn on the Google Assistant in Waze
Make sure the Google Assistant is turned on for your device:
- Open Waze
- Tap Search , then Settings
- Tap Voice & sound and then Google Assistant
You can also:
- Turn on Share current drive info to share some of your routing information with the Google Assistant. This lets you ask questions like “What’s my ETA?”.
- Add or remove the Google Assistant microphone from the map by tapping Show on map. Removing the microphone from the map does not turn off the Google Assistant.
- Control when the Google Assistant responds to your voice by tapping “OK Google” detection
Ask the Google Assistant to help you
- Open Waze on your screen
- Say “Ok Google” or tap the Google Assistant microphone on the map
- Ask the Google Assistant to help you in Waze or with everyday tasks
What you can ask the Google Assistant to do in Waze
- “Take me home”
- “Drive to work”
- “Navigate to” and then say the name of a business or address
- “Find gas stations”
- “Find restaurants”
- “Find parking”
- “Stop navigation”
- “Show alternative routes”
- “Show route overview”
- “Show turn by turn directions”
- “Recenter the map”
- “Report traffic”
- “Report [moderate, heavy, standstill] traffic”
- “Report a crash”
- “Report a [major, minor] crash”
- “Report police”
- “Report hazard”
- “Report flood”
- “Report construction”
- “Report object”
- “Report broken traffic light”
- “Report pothole”
- “Report stopped vehicle”
- "Report stopped vehicle on shoulder"
- “Report roadkill”
- “Report animal”
- “Report missing sign”
- “Report fog”
- “Report hail”
- “Report flood”
- “Report ice”
- “Turn on / off voice directions” (Affects Waze voice navigation directions only)
- “Allow tolls / Avoid tolls”
- “Allow highways / Avoid highways”
Note: Waze must be open on your screen to use the actions above.
- “What’s my ETA?”
Note: Routing actions are only available if you allow Waze to share your routing information with the Google Assistant in Settings > Voice & sound > Google Assistant > Share current drive info. When this setting is turned off, your routing information is not shared.
You can also ask the Google Assistant for information and help with everyday tasks. Learn what else you can ask.
Manage your Google Assistant actions in Waze
Information shared with the Google Assistant
You can allow Waze to share some of your routing information with the Google Assistant:
- Tap Search, and then Settings
- Under "Voice commands" tap Voice & sound
- Tap Google Assistant
- Turn on Share current drive info
Once turned on, you can ask the Google Assistant routing related questions like “What’s my ETA?”.
When this setting is turned off, your routing information is not shared with the Google Assistant. If you say “Take me home” or “Drive to work” Waze does not share your home or work address with the Google Assistant.