Use voice commands ("OK Waze!")
Keep your hands on the wheel and use voice commands to navigate and report incidents along the way. Just say "OK Waze", tap on the map with 3 fingers or tap the microphone on the search bar to tell Waze what you want to do (i.e "take me home", "report an accident") right after the "Listening" prompt.
Doesn't work? Make sure that Waze has microphone permission on your device:
- iOS: Settings > Waze > Toggle Microphone on.
- Android: Settings > App & notifications > App permissions > Microphone.
- In-app: Settings > sound & voice > Talk to Waze > "Listen for OK Waze" toggle should be on.
Click here to see a list of voice commands you can use on Waze.
- Voice commands are currently only available in English and in the following areas: US, UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Ireland and New Zealand
- Note that “OK Waze” will be available only when Waze is running and in the foreground. In this scenario, Google Assistant (“OK Google") or Siri will not be functional.