You could have signed up for Google Voice using a personal account or an account from your work or school. Or your organization could have given you a Voice for Google Workspace account they manage and pay for. Here's how you can verify the type of account you have.
Check if you have a managed Voice for Google Workspace account
- On your computer, open Voice.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Under Account, look for the text, "This account is managed by your Google Workspace administrator."
- If this message appears, you have a Voice for Google Workspace account and your organization handles your billing.
- If this message does not appear, you have either a personal account or a work or school account that's not managed by your organization.
Note: If you signed up for a Google Voice account before Voice for Google Workspace was available, you may have the legacy unmanaged Voice service linked to your Google Workspace account.
Features you have depend on your account
The features available to you depend on the type of Voice account you have. For example, if you have a Voice for Google Workspace account:
- Your Google Workspace administrator manages your account. Who is my administrator?
- Your calls are billed centrally to your organization.
- You get integrations with other Google Workspace services, such as Google Calendar and Meet.
For details about the differences between a personal account and a Voice for Google Workspace account, review the table below.
Compare features by account type
|Users and locations||Google Workspace account (managed)||Personal account|
|Maximum number of users||10 to unlimited*||1|
|Phone number in local country||11 different countries*
* Depends on Voice for Google Workspace subscription.
|Features||Google Workspace account (managed)||Personal account|
|Forward calls to linked numbers||✔||✔|
|Mobile apps: Android & iOS||✔||✔|
|Don't need to verify account with another phone number||✔||✘|
|Do not disturb based on Calendar working hours||✔||✘|
|Identify incoming Google Meet calls||✔||✘|
|Use contacts from corporate directory||✔||✘|
|Desk phone compatibility||✔||✘|
|Add credit to make calls||Billed to organization||✔|
|Classic Hangouts integration||✘||✔|
|Forward text messages to linked numbers||✘||✔|
* Available to organizations in Beta program.