About Google Voice account types
You could have signed up for Google Voice using a personal account or an account from your work or school. Or your organization could have given you a Google Voice for G Suite account they manage and pay for. Here's how you can verify the type of account you have.
Check if you have a managed Voice for G Suite account
- On your computer, open Voice.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Under Account, look for the text, "This account is managed by your G Suite administrator."
- If this message appears, you have a Google Voice for G Suite account and your organization handles your billing.
- If this message does not appear, you have either a personal account or a work or school account that's not managed by your organization.
Note: If you signed up for a Google Voice account before Google Voice for G Suite was available, you may have the legacy unmanaged Google Voice service linked to your G Suite account.
Features you have depend on your account
The features available to you depend on the type of Voice account you have. For example, if you have a Voice for G Suite account:
- Your G Suite administrator manages your account. Who is my administrator?
- Your calls are billed centrally to your organization.
- You get integrations with other G Suite services, such as Google Calendar and Meet.
For details about the differences between a personal account and a Voice for G Suite account, review the table below.
Compare features by account type
|Users and locations||G Suite account (managed)||Personal account|
|Maximum number of users||10 to unlimited*||1|
|Phone number in local country||10 different countries*
* Depends on Voice for G Suite subscription.
|Features||G Suite account (managed)||Personal account|
|Forward calls to linked numbers||✔||✔|
|Mobile apps: Android & iOS||✔||✔|
|Don't need to verify account with another phone number||✔||✘|
|Do not disturb based on Calendar working hours||✔||✘|
|Identify incoming Hangouts Meet calls||✔||✘|
|Use contacts from corporate directory||✔||✘|
|Desk phone compatibility||✔||✘|
|Add credit to make calls||Billed to organization||✔|
|Classic Hangouts integration||✘||✔|
|Forward text messages to linked numbers||✘||✔|
* Available to organizations in Beta program.