Set up Voice
To see information for a Voice for G Suite account managed by your work or school, sign in to your G Suite account.
With Google Voice, you get a free phone number for calls, text messages, and voicemail. You can use the apps on smartphones and computers, and you can link your number to any mobile or landline number.
Make sure your phone is on and you can get texts. To check, we'll send your phone a text with a code.
- On your Android device, download the Google Voice app from the Play Store if you haven't already.
- On your Android device, open the Voice app .
- Sign in to your Google account.
- To accept terms and conditions, tap Continue.
- To pick your Voice number, tap Search.
- Search by city or area code for a number. Voice doesn't offer 1-800 numbers.
- If there aren't any numbers available in the area you want, try somewhere nearby.
- Next to the number you want, tap Select. Follow the instructions.
After setting up Voice, you can link another phone number. Learn more about setting up phones.