Get started with Google Voice
To see information for a work or school account, sign in to your G Suite account.
With Google Voice, you get a free phone number for calls, text messages, and voicemail. You can use the apps on smartphones and computers, and you can link your number to any mobile or landline number.
What you can do with Google Voice
- Text from your computer or mobile phone
- Read your voicemail and search through it like email
- Personalize voicemail greetings for family and friends
- Make international calls at low rates
- Get protected from spam calls, block unwanted callers, and screen calls before answering
To offer these services, Google Voice saves and processes your call, text, and voicemail information.
Start using Google Voice
First, you'll need:
- A Google Account
- U.S. phone number that can forward calls after ringing
- Note: Some VoIP phone number providers don't allow conditional call forwarding
- Computer or smartphone with Internet access (for sign-up)
Cost and availability
Google Voice is only available in the U.S. If you're outside the U.S., you can make calls with Hangouts.