What to test
For each domain and browser, you are required to test both a common page and the order confirmation page.
- A common page is any page on your site other than the order confirmation page. Examples include the homepage, a product page, a category page, or a store policy page.
- The order confirmation page is the page that is customers are directed to after a transaction has been completed.
Testing should be conducted on the following browsers:
|Internet Explorer||Version 9+||Required|
* To ensure consistency across all the browsers that your customers may be using, we strongly recommend that you test Firefox 3.
- Sign in to your Google Trusted Stores Merchant account.
- Navigate to the “Code” section.
- Click the Test Code button at the bottom of the page.
- On the “Test Code” page, navigate to the “Select a store” drop-down menu and choose the domain you would like to test.
- Click Test Now to begin the validation process.*
If at any time you do not see the yellow “Test Drive” bar at the top of the page, check that the Google Trusted Stores badge code has been implemented on the page, including on all order confirmation pages and checkout pages.
* Alternatively, once you select a domain from the drop-down menu, an additional link to the testing environment will be generated. You can copy and paste this link into your browser to create the same testing environment or share it with other members of your team. This link will remain active for only five days; at the link expires, you may generate another URL.
“Test Drive” validator bar
- “All validation items have been passed” indicates that there are no errors found on the page.
Select Click to see details of validation errors in the validator bar to view the validation errors; click Learn more under each error for guidance to address the error.
If you have not yet submitted your Google Trusted Stores application, you may return to your account’s “Overview” section to find a summary of validation results.
Preview the Google Trusted Store badge
We also recommend that you preview your logo on the expanded badge at this time. If you are unsatisfied with the appearance of your logo, you can submit a revised file in your Google Trusted Stores Merchant account.