You can draw letters or phrases and see their translation using the Translate app. This is useful if your keyboard doesn’t use the letters or symbols you want to translate.
- Open the Translate app .
- At the top left, tap the language the language you’re translating from.
- At the top right, tap the language the language to translate into.
- Tap Draw . If the button is grayed out, handwriting won’t work for that language.
- In the box that says "Write here," draw a character, word, or phrase. When you stop drawing, Translate shows the closest match.
- To add spaces between entries, tap space.
- To delete letters, tap Backspace .
- When you’re done, tap Translate .