The Google Ads Data Processing Terms are meant for businesses affected by the European Economic Area (EEA) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), or other similar regulations. The Google Ads Data Processing Terms supersedes and replaces the previous ‘Google Analytics Data Processing Amendment’ (including the ‘German Analytics Data Processing Amendment’).
Google Tag Manager customers who have a direct customer contract with Google may accept the Google Ads Data Processing Terms in the Administration section within their Account Settings. In order to enter in to the Google Ads Data Processing Terms, Google Tag Manager Standard and Tag Manager 360 customers with businesses established outside of the EEA or the United Kingdom (UK), or Switzerland need to proactively accept such terms in their Account Settings. Google Tag Manager Standard and Tag Manager 360 customers with businesses established in the EEA or the UK, or Switzerland do not need to take such action as the Google Ads Data Processing Terms have already been incorporated in such customers’ terms.
Please note: Google Tag Manager 360 Sales Partners and Customers who purchase Google Tag Manager 360 via a Sales Partner ("Resale Clients") are not eligible to accept the Google Ads Data Processing Terms and will need to enter into separate data processing terms with Google or their Sales Partner, respectively, instead. Acceptance of the Google Ads Data Processing Terms by Google Tag Manager 360 Sales Partners and Resale Clients through the Google Analytics UI will be invalid and will not create a binding agreement between Google and such Resale Clients. Please note, however, that this restriction does not apply to the extent Google Tag Manager or Tag Manager 360 customers have accepted other Google Tag Manager terms directly with Google.
Accept the Data Processing Amendment
If you indicated you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA) when creating your account, you have already accepted the Data Processing Amendment as part of the terms of service. Users who indicated a different country (or did not indicate a country at signup) should follow these steps to accept the most recent Data Processing Amendment:
- Open your Google Tag Manager account.
- Navigate to the Admin Account Account Settings.
- Click View the Data Processing Amendment (or Review Amendment), then Accept, and finally Save.
Provide Contact Details
If you accept the Data Processing Terms, you must also provide the following information by clicking Manage DPA Details:
- Legal Entity: A legal entity is the registered name for your organization for purposes of addressing financial and legal matters. Your organization may have more than one.
- Primary Contact (aka. "Notification Email Address"): The contact to whom notices under the Google Ads Data Processing Terms will be sent.
- Data Protection Officer: The person designated, where applicable, to facilitate compliance with the provisions of the GDPR.
- EEA Representative: The person designated, where applicable, to represent customers not established in the EU with regard to their obligations under the GDPR.