You can measure behavioral data about your site with Google Ads and Google Analytics. Follow the steps in this article to set up your Google Ads or Google Analytics account with Typo3.
Before you begin
You can integrate your account with Google Ads or Google Analytics for free. To set up integration, you’ll need:
- A valid Google sign-in
- An active Typo3 account
Note: Don’t add more than one Google tag to each page of your website.
- Log in to your Typo 3 account.
- From the menu on the left, click Extensions.
- From the dropdown at the top of the page, select Get Extensions. Then type “Google Analytics and Adwords” in the search box and click Go.
- Click the download icon next to the "Google Analytics And Adwords" result.
- A popup in the right-hand corner will indicate installation success.
- Click the icon on the row under “A/D” to confirm that the extension is activated.
- Click List on the left hand side and create a new folder within any folder containing data and name it something unique, in this case “Services”.
- Right-click the folder and click the “Enable” switch.
- Click the “Services” folder and click the + sign to create a new record.
- Click Service under “Global Site Tag”.
- Enter your Google tag ID in the search field.
- Click Save and then Close.
- Click the lightning icon on the toolbar to clear the cache.
- The plugin can now be inserted onto all pages within your website.