Use this article to resolve common issues with promotions.
Fix issues with promo codes
How to add a promo code
I canceled my order & need a replacement promo code
To use a promo code in the Google Store, you must sign in to a Google Account. If you don’t have a Google Account, learn how to create one
After you add items to your cart:
- At the bottom of the checkout screen, find "Add a promo code."
- Enter your code.
- Select Apply. If you added a new address, credit card, or email address, the page might reload. If this happens, re-enter the details.
If you received a promo code in an email:
- Select the link.
- Add the product to your cart.
- At checkout, you’ll find the code applied.
If you canceled your order, you can place a new order with the same promo code.
I didn't receive a promo code
The promotion partner determines eligibility and distributes promo codes. For more info, contact the promotion partner.
I have a question about a promo code
Contact the promotion partner.
Fix error messages
- Codes can’t be used with other discounts or a combination of codes.
- Items can only ship to the same country or region you purchased in.
- If the promo code doesn't work in the country or region associated with the home address in your Google Account, you might need to update your info.
- Have a valid zip code.
Below are potential error messages you may encounter:
"The code you entered has expired." or "Code expired."
You can’t use expired codes. For more info on the promotion terms, check the email that your code came with.
"Invalid code." or "Code doesn't exist."
Make sure you enter the code correctly and try again.
"Code not valid."
This code may no longer apply. To find out which items are available for promotion, check the promotion terms. You can find the promotion terms in the email that contains your code.
"This code can’t be applied for this item." or "Promotion code not applicable. Check cart and promotion details."
"An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." or "Error applying code. Refresh page to try again."
Codes are often limited to specific items and countries or regions. To find out which items are available for promotion, check the promotion terms.
- You can find the promotion terms in the email that contains your code.
- Add the eligible items to the cart and enter the code at checkout.
Select your shipping option before you enter the promo code.
Fix issues with promo orders
My order was canceled due to incorrect payment
You can use the same promotion code to try again with a valid payment. You can use the replacement code within 24 hours once you receive the order cancellation email.
I was charged the full price incorrectly
I want to return my device
I want to exchange for a different color
To receive the discount, the promo code must be entered during checkout. This means that you must return the original order and place a new order with the promo code. Learn how to return a device for a refund.
The Google Store only shows the colors that are available and doesn't allow exchanges.
I can’t find the color I want
The Google Store only shows the colors that are available. We suggest that you select an available color and place your order to avoid missing out on the promotion.