Get credit for your trade-in
You can trade in your old phone for credit toward a new phone from the Google Store.
Below you’ll learn how to trade in your phone, or you can learn more about the program.
Step 1: See your trade-in options
If you trade in your old phone, you can get a refund when you buy a new phone.
- Design your Pixel or Pixel XL.
- In the "Extras" section, tap or click Trade In, then follow the on-screen instructions. Select details about the phone you’d like to trade in.
- Important: Make sure you can factory reset the phone before you send it to us.
- You’ll see the estimated value for your trade-in. To add the new phone to your cart, tap or click Continue.
- Check out to begin your trade in and complete your order.
After you start your trade-in, you’ll get a confirmation email. Then, we’ll send you a kit with a pre-paid envelope so that you can send your old phone to us.
Check the status of your trade-in
You can find the status of your trade-in by selecting "Trade-in details" from your order history.
- Confirmed: You started the trade-in process and got an email confirmation.
- Device assessed: We’ve sent you an email with the value of your old device.
- Canceled: You canceled your trade-in before you got your kit.
Step 2: Send us your old phone
You might want to transfer data from your old phone to your new one before you send it to us.
Using the prepaid envelope we sent you, follow these steps:
- Important: Factory reset your old phone using your manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t factory reset, we can’t give you full credit for your trade-in.
- Remove the SIM card from your old phone.
- Put the phone in the pre-paid envelope from the trade-in kit and attach the shipping label.
- Ship the phone to us through USPS.
Step 3: Get credit for your trade-in
After we get the phone, we’ll review it within 3 business days.
- If the phone’s value matches the estimate: We’ll credit the value of the phone to your credit card (if you purchase a Pixel).
- If the phone’s value is lower: We’ll credit you the value of the phone if you selected to accept a change in value.
Arneil is a Google Store expert and author of this help page. Help him improve this article by leaving feedback below.