Learn about your store receipt and order number, authorization holds, Pixel Pass charges, and Value-Added Tax (VAT) invoices.
Find your receipt & order number
After you place an order on the Google Store, you get a confirmation email that has your order number and receipt.
If you placed an order while signed in, you can find your Google Store receipt online:
- Go to Google Pay.
- Sign in to your Google Account .
- Select Activity.
- To get your receipt, select an order.
When you place an order or receive an advanced replacement, Google Store contacts the issuing bank or card provider to make sure your payment method is valid. Your bank or card provider temporarily holds the funds until the transaction processes or the authorization expires.
- The authorization hold is removed after an order ships from Google or is canceled:
- If you receive an advanced replacement order, the authorization hold is removed after Google receives your original device.
- Payment authorizations typically stay on a user's account for 1–21 business days, based on the card issuer's policies.
- For more information about authorization holds, contact your bank or card provider.
When you place an order, an authorization hold can appear on your account as a pending Google Store transaction.
- If the authorization hold was successful:
- The order ships and the authorization hold is removed.
- If the authorization hold was unsuccessful:
- You get an email that asks you to update your payment method details within 7 days.
- If you don’t update your payment method within 7 days, your order is canceled and the authorization hold is removed.
In some cases, you may get 2 authorization holds for the same order because of the shipment process:
- If an authorization hold expires before the order ships from the warehouse, a second authorization hold may be applied.
- This hold happens when the ship date is 7 days or more from the order date.
Get a Value-Added Tax (VAT) invoice
Important: If you checked out as a guest and need a VAT invoice, contact Google Pay.
You get a confirmation email with VAT on your GUI invoice.
If you live in the European Union, you can request a VAT invoice.