You can use Classic Sites Manager to help transition from classic Sites to new Sites.
Classic Sites Manager allows you to view all your classic Sites and information about each site. For example, you can see how many times each classic Site has been viewed over the last month.
You can convert a single site or multiple sites when you use Classic Sites Manager. Use filters to sort and analyze multiple sites.
- On a computer, go to Classic Sites Manager.
- Click on a site to open a side panel with more info about the site. It may take about 24 hours for a recently created classic site to appear on Classic Sites Manager.
- Apply one or more filters:
- Views in the past month
- Views in the past year
- Last viewed date
- Last edited date
- Creation date
- Status (active, deleted, or migrated)
You can click these headers to sort sites:
- Last edited
- Views past 30 days
Tip: For further analysis, you can export a list of your sites to Google Sheets.
- On your computer, go to classic Sites.
- On the left panel, click Classic Sites Manager.
- On the right panel, click Conversion tool. Select one or more sites to convert. You can use filters to find the sites you need.
- Click Convert.
- To keep the same site permissions, check the box next to "Preserve sharing settings."
- Click Convert.
- It may take several minutes to convert large Sites.
- After conversion, changes you make to your original Site won't transfer to the new one.
- To review your Site, click Review draft.
- Optional: If you plan to publish your new site to another address, click Advanced Disconnect.
- To publish your site, at the top right, click Publish.
- Enter a web address for your new site.
- Optional: To change who can view your site, click Manage.
- Click Publish.
Tips: If you initiate the conversion of multiple classic Sites to new Sites:
- You’ll become the owner of the converted sites.
- If someone is unable to create new Sites in your site settings, they also won’t be able to convert classic Sites.
- If some sites can’t be converted, like if they’re in a different domain than you, they’ll be skipped and you’ll be notified by email.
- Completion emails are only sent if a conversion fails for a size violation. If you want to check for other failures, you can filter for sites that say “Not started” once your bulk conversion is complete.
Export to Sheets
- At the bottom left corner of your list, click Export to Google Sheets .
- In the "Successfully exported to Google Sheets" popup, click View.
- Open the Sheet in Drive titled "Your classic Google Sites export on <date/time>."