Add links to your page
Adding links is an easy way to help visitors better navigate your site, provide further information, and increase your chances of showing up on relevant search results:
- Navigate to the page where you would like to add links and click the Edit page icon, which looks like a pencil.
- Highlight the text you'd like to turn into a link and click the Link icon in the toolbar.
- You can choose whether you want to link to a page on another site, a page that already exists on your site, or a new page on your site:
- External page: If you want to link to a page on another website, select the Web address tab and enter the URL of the page you want to link to in the box below Link to this URL.
- Existing internal page: If you would like to link to an existing page on your site, select the Existing page tab. You can then find the page you want by searching for its name, looking through your site map, or, if you have edited it recently, finding it in your list of recent changes.
- New internal page: If you would like to link to a new page on your site, select the Existing page tab and click the Create new page button in the lower right of the dialog. Then, give the page a title, choose what type of page you want it to be, and choose where to place the page.
- Regardless of what type of link you choose, if you would like the linked page to open in a new browser window or tab when a visitor clicks on it, check the box next to Open this link in a new window.
- Click OK
- Continue editing your page or click Save to preserve your changes.