Formerly, you could create dynamic search ads in any Google Ads ad group if the campaign was set up for dynamic search ads. Now, Google Ads has added a dynamic ad group that is dedicated to dynamic search ads. That is, a dynamic ad group can contain only dynamic search ads. The original, now known as standard ad group, still remains for other types of ads such as call-only ads and text ads.
Because dynamic search ads are trigged by dynamic ad targets and not keywords, keywords aren't necessary in dynamic ad groups.
Supported dynamic ad group features in Search Ads 360
- Create dynamic ad groups in Search Ads 360.
- Create negative keywords.
- Create dynamic search ads.
- Report on dynamic ad groups and ads.
- Apply or inherit Search Ads 360 bid strategies.
- Schedule edits, apply rules, or edit multiple dynamic ad groups, just as you would a standard ad group.
- The change history report includes dynamic ad group additions and removals from campaigns.
The following Search Ads 360 features aren't supported for Google Ads dynamic ad groups.
- Apply Google Ads portfolio bid strategies. Google Ads bid strategies can't be applied or inherited by dynamic ad groups.
- Dynamic ad groups aren't copied during the campaign copy process.
- Bulksheet uploads of dynamic ad groups.