Create demographic targets in Google Ads
Create age targets in a Google Ads ad group
Include or exclude age targets
- Navigate to a Google Ads ad group.
Steps for navigating to an ad group
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click the advertiser that contains the engine account.
In the "Account" list, click the engine account that contains the campaign.
In the "Campaign" list, click the campaign that contains the ad group.
In the "Ad group" list, click the ad group.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the ad group page.
- Click the Targets ▼ tab, and then click Age targets.
- Click + New age target.
- Under New age targets, hover on an age group, and then click Include or Exclude.
By default, ads display for all age and gender groups unless the age or gender group is excluded.
- Unknown age
- From 18 to 24
- From 25 to 34
- From 35 to 44
- From 45 to 54
- From 55 to 64
- 65 and over
- Repeat the preceding step for each age group that you want to target.
- In the list of selected targets on the right, specify a bid adjustment for each included age range.
To remove a target from the selected targets list in the right panel, click the remove icon .
- To increase bids to target an age group, click the arrow ▼, select Increase by, and then enter a number from 0 and 900.
- To decrease bids to target an age group, click the arrow ▼, select Decrease by, and then enter a number from 0 to 90.
- Click Save.
Included age targets are shown on the Ad group age targets tab.
Excluded age targets are shown on the Negative ad group age targets tab.
To verify that the desired targets aren't overwritten:
- Navigate to the campaign.
- Click the Targets ▼tab and then click Age targets.
- Compare the targets on the Negative campaign age targets and the Ad group age targets tabs.