Target is significantly different from historical performance
It's best to start a Search Ads 360 bid strategy with a CPA, ERS, or ROAS target that matches historical (last 3- 4 weeks) performance because large differences in target ROI compared to historical performance may have an unexpected effect on spend and conversions or revenue.
If the target matches historical performance, the bid strategy will usually efficiently spend within a range that's close to the current spend.
Shortly after creating a new bid strategy, Search Ads 360 will display an alert if your target is significantly different from recent performance. If you move the target closer to historical performance, the bid strategy can achieve your goal more efficiently.
How to fix the issue
Manually change the bid strategy's target
Navigate to a Search Ads 360 bid strategy.Steps for navigating to a bid strategy
In the left navigation panel, click Bid strategies.
Click a bid strategy name from the reporting table.
Alternatively, you can do the following:
Click the more icon at the end of the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the Agency list, click on the agency that contains the bid strategy. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the Advertiser list, click on the advertiser that contains the bid strategy.
In the Bid strategy list, click on the bid strategy.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the bid strategy page.
- Click the settings icon .
- Click Next to display targets.
- Under the target, click the arrow ▼, and then click Increase by.
- On the last line in the row, click the arrow ▼ and then select percent.
- On the middle line, enter 5%.
- Wait one day, then check the bid strategy overview tab.
- Continue to check the overview tab and adjust the target until the issue is resolved.