The Dynamic ad targets report displays the search terms entered by customers who then clicked on your dynamic search ads. Use this report to gain insight into the search terms that are driving traffic to your site by way of dynamic search ads.
Only dynamic targets that have lead to an ad impression appear in the report.
From the report, you can add negative keywords to prevent irrelevant searches from leading to clicks on your ads. Note that negative keywords prevent matches for both dynamic search ads and text ads.
You can also use the report to enhance your keyword-targeted ad groups. From the report, you can add new keywords to any ad group in the campaign. (Be sure to add text ads in the same ad group. Keywords only display text ads.)
To view the Dynamic ad targets report:
- Navigate to a Google Ads campaign that is set up for dynamic search ads, or a dynamic ad group.
Steps for navigating to a campaign
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser that contains the engine account.
- In the "Account" list, click on the engine account that contains the campaign.
In the "Campaign" list, click on the campaign.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the campaign page.
- Click the Targets▾ tab and select Dynamic ad targets.
- Click the Target search terms tab.
- By default, for each search query that resulted in a dynamic search ad impression, you'll see:
- Search query: The search terms entered by customers
- Headline: The ad headline that Google generated for the ad
- Category: Google's predefined category for the page that the customer landed on after clicking the ad
- Landing Page Title: The title of the page that the customer landed on after clicking the ad. This is the title that's specified in the page's <title> HTML element. Some browsers display the page's title in bar at the top of the browser window.
- Destination URL: The final destination URL that Google generated for the dynamic target, minus any URL parameters or tracking URL that you specified.
- Clicks and Cost: The number of clicks and the amount you paid for the clicks.
- To add keywords for a search term in the report, select a query in the table and click Add keywords. You can select an ad group, set up the match type, bid, and URLs for the new keywords.
Be sure that the ad group you select contains at least one text ad. Keywords only display text ads.
- To add negative keywords, select a query in the table and click Add campaign negative keywords or Add ad group negative keywords. Learn more about negative keywords.