The Uploads list in Search Ads 360 displays information on the status of bulk edits and conversions you have uploaded. The list, which automatically appears after you start an upload, shows uploads that are currently in progress along with a history of uploads that have completed.
If an upload results in a validation or processing error, you'll see an error bulksheet in the Uploads list. The error bulksheet contains only the items that did not validate or process, along with an explanation of the error. You can download the error bulksheet, make corrections, and upload the corrected error bulksheet.
If you aren't already on the Uploads page, follow these steps to view the Uploads list:
- Navigate to an advertiser.
Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
- In the left navigation panel, click Uploads.
The 50 most recent uploads appear in the reporting table.
- To see older uploads, click > at the bottom of the reporting table.
The following columns report the status of an upload:
Filename: Shows the name of a file that was uploaded. Click the name to download the file.
Engine account: Destination of the changes in the upload file.
Uploaded: Date and time that the upload started.
Who: Your email address (or if someone else initiated the upload, the email address of the person who initiated the upload). Uploads from an sFTP endpoint display Uploaded via sFTP.
Status: The stage of the processing cycle for the upload as a whole:
- Processing: Upload is in the process of being booked on Search Ads 360 or sent to the engine.
- Completed: Upload to Search Ads 360 and the engine is done, and there were no errors. You'll see the updates throughout the Search Ads 360 UI.
- Completed with errors: Upload to Search Ads 360 and the engine is done, but there were some errors. Look at the Results column for more information.
Results: Includes real-time status updates, from processing in Search Ads 360 to items sent to the engine.
- When you start an upload, the Processing row line will tell you how many rows of the upload Search Ads 360 has analyzed.
- When the Search Ads 360 processing phase is complete, it will display the number of rows that were Booked on Search Ads 360, as well as the number of Failed rows.
- Search Ads 360 will then attempt to send the booked items to the engine. Search Ads 360 will display Sent to engine, or the number of items that successfully made it to the engine, as well as the Failed items.
- When you click Download error sheet to see the changes that encountered errors, Search Ads 360 will also include trafficking error messages. This provides even more data to help you troubleshoot upload issues.
In the Results column, Booked on Search Ads 360 indicates the number of rows that Search Ads 360 has processed, while Sent to engine indicates the number of items that successfully made it to the engine. It is normal for these numbers to differ because the number of rows in an upload file do not necessarily correspond 1-to-1 with the items that Search Ads 360 traffics to the engine. Here are some examples of when the numbers won't match:
|Action and rows in Search Ads 360||Action and items on engine|
|Create a campaign: 1 row||Create a campaign and target group: 2 items|
|Create an ad group: 1 row||Create an ad group and placeholder content keyword: 2 items|
|Create an ad group and 10 keywords: 11 rows||If the ad group creation fails on the engine: 0 of 11 items trafficked, 1 failure|
|Edit keyword text: 1 row||Remove old the keyword, create a new keyword: 2 items|
|Create a negative keyword: 1 row||(Microsoft Advertising) Create a negative keyword and retraffic all existing negative keywords in the ad group or campaign: 1 for the new negative keyword + the number of existing negative keywords in the ad group or campaign
(Google Ads) Create a negative keyword: 1 item
|Edit an ad title: 1 row
Note that this also applies to an ad's Ad desc1, Ad desc 2, and Ad display URL properties. That is, if you edit any of these properties in Search Ads 360, the engine removes the current property and creates a new property for the ad. Booked on Search Ads 360 will report that only one row was processed, but Sent to engine will report two actions for each property that you edit.
|Remove the old ad title, create a new ad title: 2 items|