A timer lets you measure the length of any action in a creative, for example, the amount of time a user plays a game.
To add a timer using Google Web Designer:
- Go to the “Events' panel and click the ‘plus’ ( +) button to assign an event to the object you want.
- In the events pop-up window, select object's instance as the source.
- Select Tap Area then Touch/Click.
- Still in the events pop-up, go to the 'Action' panel and click Google Ad, then click Start timer.
- Go to the 'Receiver' panel and click gwd-ad.
- Go to the 'Configuration' panel enter the Metric ID you want for tracking purposes. Remember the ID you enter here since you'll need to re-use it to stop the timer.
- Repeat the same steps to stop the timer. Use the same metric ID you used in the previous step.
- Click Save. The tracking code is automatically added in for you based on what you’re specifying, so there’s no need to go through and edit the source code later.
- Preview your ad in your preferred browser.
- Publish the ad to Studio.
Events sent by the Tap Area component
Events are how you connect a physical gesture from your user to an action in your ad. (See the Add Events article in the Google Web Designer Help Center for more information.) The Tap Area component sends the following event which can be used to trigger other actions: