From kickoff call to launch, all custom Lightbox ads follow these seven steps:Step 1: Kickoff call
The kickoff call usually takes place approximately one month prior to launch. The teams review timelines, creative best practices, and specs.
The following parties should be on the campaign kickoff call:
- Studio media solutions consultant
- 3PAS media manager
- Google sales representative
- Creative agency representative
- Media agency representative
- Advertiser (optional)
- Confirm all campaign details:
- Media agency
- Campaign launch date
- Due date for final assets and review of timelines
- Trafficking responsibilities and Campaign Manager information
Note: If the Media Agency does not have a Campaign Manager Account, the unit can be served through the Google internal Campaign Manager account.
- Confirm any third-party tracking or brand study pixels
- Use of Studio
- Production type – What party will package the files into a Rich Media creative in Studio? Creative agency vs. Google post-production team.
- Review creative concept and/or mock-ups to address any technical or spec issues
- Discuss any tracking specifications
- Team discusses who will be trafficking the campaign: media agency or DCLK team through Campaign Manager. Campaign Manager account information is requested in the event that the media agency will traffic.
- The media agency reviews any tracking they want added to the creative so both the creative agency or Studio teams can implement.
- There are two types of metrics: standard and custom.
- Standard metrics usually require no additional designer work. Standard metrics don't count toward your event limit. They're automatically enabled, measured, and reported on, where available. For example, the Rich Media Expansions metric is only available for expanding ads.
- Custom metrics are coded by a developer using Studio. Custom metrics can measure up to 400 total user interactions per Rich Media creative, including a maximum of 100 exit events.
- Review GDN Rich Media specifications and policy.
- Confirm campaign timeline and final due date for asset delivery or QA submission.
Plan to deliver assets or submit your Lightbox to QA 8-9 business days before the campaign will launch.
If you are planning to run a dynamic campaign, review the process and requirements to build a Rich Media dynamic campaign.
Post-production on rich media units takes 3-6 business days, depending on the Lightbox ad format. This process includes building out all the rich media tracking and video metrics and finalizing the unit in Studio.
Once the production is complete, the unit goes through Studio QA before a preview link is sent to all parties for approval. Studio QA ensures that all functionality is working properly and that the unit meets GDN spec and policy.
Please note for QA-only campaigns, each round of QA takes 24 hours.
Once the preview link has been sent to the client, each additional client requested revision requires another full round of QA.
All Lightbox ads must be served through a Campaign Manager account. This can be either the client’s account (Media Agency or Advertiser) or the Google internal Campaign Manager account.
Depending on the campaign, trafficking will be conducted by the client or the Studio media solutions consultant. Please confirm with your consultant before any trafficking takes place.
See the Help Center article about trafficking creatives for more information.
A member of our 3PAS Media Management team tests the campaign creatives across browsers and sites to ensure assets are built to spec and appearing as intended. Upon completion of site testing, the 3PAS MM contact will traffic the final tags to Google Ads.
Your Studio Media Solutions Consultant will confirm the launch is set. Your sales contact will turn the campaign on in Google Ads for official launch.
Campaign Manager Reporting will be sent one business day following launch.