Use dynamic creatives to serve relevant ad content to viewers on every single impression. Dynamic creative files act as a frame, so you can easily swap out the creative content of your ad. For example, with a dynamic feed, you can show one product to people age 40 and over, and a different product to people under 40. You can swap any element in a dynamic creative, including call-to-action (CTA) text, exit URLs, images, and more. You can swap creative content either manually (using profile fields) or programmatically (using a feed and a set of content rules).
Benefits of dynamic creatives
- Increase creative development efficiency: Develop one creative shell per ad size and use our tools to swap out the content that populates the ad on the fly.
- Increase trafficking efficiency: Traffic a single creative ID per ad size, instead of a creative for each unique creative iteration.
- Serve the most relevant ad: Use advanced dynamic creative targeting rules to tailor content to the viewer on every single impression.
- Integrate seamlessly with Campaign Manager 360: Easily generate reporting and analytics on campaign performance via Studio's direct link to Campaign Manager 360.
The following formats are supported with dynamic creative:
- Expanding units that expand in the following directions: up, down, left, right
- VPAID Linear
Components of dynamic creatives
Dynamic creatives are built with Studio, which seamlessly integrates with Campaign Manager 360. Dynamic creatives are made up of:
- Creative assets An HTML creative file that frames your dynamic images, videos, copy, and more.
- Studio profile A set of rules and a map between creative elements and the content, created in Studio. Within a profile, you can add the profile fields or dynamic feeds needed for your dynamic strategy.
- (Optional) Profile fields Fields used to manually update creative elements on the fly.
- (Optional) Dynamic feed A spreadsheet or data set that contains all the potential content variations your creative can display.
Dynamic workflow overview
To launch a dynamic creative, you'll follow these steps:
- Gather insights from available data signals
- Design creative concepts
- Choose a dynamic strategy
- Create dynamic feed and/or profile fields
- Create a Studio profile and set content rules
- Upload creative assets to Studio
- Preview dynamic creatives
- Set reporting dimensions
- Publish dynamic creatives
- QA dynamic creative assets
- Traffic creatives in Campaign Manager 360
- (If needed) Update dynamic content
- Report on creative performance
- (If needed) Troubleshoot dynamic creative issues