What does this mean for you?
Your assets will be available at poly.google.com until June 30, 2021. You can download your entire library at takeout.google.com, or you can download individual assets by viewing each asset’s page. After June 30, poly.google.com and associated APIs will no longer be accessible. You will not be able to upload new 3D models on poly.google.com after April 30, 2021.
We want to thank you for joining us on this journey. We appreciate you trusting us to host your assets and provide a space where they can shine. The amazing work that our users have uploaded to Poly every day has surprised, humbled, and delighted us, and we have you to thank.
The Poly team
- Is it possible to bulk download my assets? Yes, you can bulk download your assets at takeout.google.com/settings/takeout/custom/poly.
- Will I still be able to create Swirl assets? Yes, starting early next year, Swirl creators will be able to use Google Web Designer both to configure 3D models and to build Swirl creatives. We'll be reaching out to Swirl creators with more details.
- Can I bulk download my Tilt Brush files as .tilt from Takeout? Yes, .tilt files are included in the bulk download.
- Are there other services available that provide similar functionality to Poly?
- Yes, the <model-viewer> web component is an open-source JS library that lets you embed your GLB with a single line of HTML. You can find out more here.
- Other partners, such as Sketchfab, support hosting models previously uploaded to Poly. Expeditions and Tours will not be supported by Sketchfab. You can find out more here.