You can use Google Duo on Pixel Slate to call your family, friends, and anyone else who uses the app.
To get started with Google Duo:
- Download Duo for Android from the Google Play Store.
- Have a phone number with SMS service so you can receive a verification code.
- Give permissions for Duo to access your contacts, SMS, microphone and camera.
- Follow the steps to verify your phone number.
Here are some things you can do with the Duo app:
- Easy video calls with anyone in your contacts who use Duo: Call friends and family with high-quality audio and video. The quality also adjusts automatically if your connection is spotty.
- Cross-platform: Video call all your friends across all smartphones with just one simple app.
- Knock Knock: Get a live video preview before you answer the call when one of your contacts calls.
- End-to-end encryption: Your calls are secure and call details are available only to call participants.