You can play saved music files and videos on your Pixel Slate and listen with YouTube Music or music streaming Android apps like Spotify. iTunes doesn't work on Pixel Slate but you can add music from iTunes to your Google Play Music library.
Play saved music files
- Sign in to your device.
- In laptop mode: Select the Launcher Up arrow .
In tablet mode: Go to your Home screen. To get there, tap the Launcher in the corner of your screen.
- Open Files .
- Find your music files.
- Double-click or tap a music file. It will open in the media player.
Shuffle or repeat songs
After you've opened a file in the media player, you can use the following controls:
- To see your whole playlist, select Playlist (All your audio files that are in the same folder make a playlist.)
- To shuffle music, select Shuffle .
- To repeat the playlist, select Repeat .
- To repeat a song immediately, double-click Repeat and you'll see Repeat Song .
Tip: If you play a song from the web or one of your music apps, like Google Play Music, you'll see a media player notification where you can control playback.
Store your music collection
You can store up to 50,000 songs and create playlists in Google Play Music.
- Go to Google Play Music.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
- Add your personal musical collection, including iTunes music, to Google Play Music.
Play music through an Android app
You can listen to music through streaming apps like Spotify.1 To do that:
- If you haven't already, install the app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app:
In laptop mode: Select the Launcher Up arrow . Then click the app you want to open.
In tablet mode: Go to your Home screen. Tap the app you want to open.
1Subscription(s) may be required, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.